A friend of mine suggested that I unwire my self from the world for the night, so I turned off the BlackBerry, shut down the laptop, kept the television off, and picked up a book. I was actually quite excited, because I just haven’t taken enough time out of my of my life to relax and read lately.
The phone rang a couple of times and I ignored it. I resisted the urge to check out my Facebook or my Twitter on my phone. I enjoyed my time, the peace and quiet, and found that a couple of hours had slipped by.
I thought that I would post some of the Twitter posts following shortly after President Obama’s speech:
Just a few, but you get the idea.
On a more serious note:
Sent out shortly after President Obama announced bin Laden’s death, the department said there was “enhanced potential for anti-American violence.”
“Given the uncertainty and volatility of the current situation, U.S. citizens in areas where recent events could cause anti-American violence are strongly urged to limit their travel outside of their homes and hotels and avoid mass gatherings and demonstrations,” the alert said. “U.S. citizens should stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of their surroundings at all times.”
American embassies “in affected areas will continue to the extent possible under the constraints of any evolving security situation,” but will stay at a “heightened state of alert,” the warning said.
The travel alert expires Aug. 1. – Politico.com
- 911 Mastermind Bin Laden Dead (dakotavoice.com)
- News Of Osama Bin Laden’s Death Spreads Like Wildfire On Twitter (techcrunch.com)
- White House: Osama Bin Laden is Dead (benzinga.com)
- Report: Osama bin Laden Is Dead; U.S. Has The Body (mediaite.com)
- President Obama To Announce That Osama Bin Laden Dead – They have the Body (kymkemp.com)
- OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD! President OBAMA to tell the WORLD about the details within minutes… (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- Bin Laden Killed (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Primetime interrupted: Osama bin Laden dead (insidetv.ew.com)
- Osama bin Laden Is Dead (newser.com)
- Tweet If You See Osama (utwitterit.com)